Saturday, December 4, 2010

Cheesecakes.

Dear Readers, 
Still not quite so sure of this blogging thing. I've showed my friends, and they are fans of it, but I'm a little uneasy. I want to figure out how to get the background of my blog, just my blog, to be white. But I don't know if I can figure that out!
Anyways, last night my friend Kilah had her 16th birthday. So my sister and I had a few friend over, plus Kilah, to celebrate her birthday. I decided I would bake something so I searched the internet. I found a great recipe for a chocolate peanut butter cheesecake. And yumm...it was good. Very rich, but fantastic. Also on the picture, note the candle says "7"...well that is because that's the only candle that was at my house! But on to making this thing. I made the cheesecake on Wednesday because I had basketball games both Thursday and Friday night. But I always think cheesecake is better when it sits in the fridge for a few days anyways. 
But when I decorated it last night, I made a chocolate ganache for the covering, and cut up Reese's Peanut Butter Cups for the outer part, and then alternated peanut butter chips and chocolate chips leading to the center. And to top it off, I put the candle in the center. If you're looking for something rich, bake this! But eat in small portions... 
Here is the recipe. http://www.othersideoffifty.com/2010/07/chocolate-peanut-butter-swirled.html

And this is the cheesecake I made for Thanksgiving that I mentioned in my first post ever! 
Here is this recipe. Best recipe ever. http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/105109/Turtle-Cheesecake/detail.aspx

As you can tell from the pictures on my blog vs. the pictures on the websites, I like to decorate my baked goods different! It makes them mine. 

Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment