Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Crazy Cupcakes*

 Now that I continue to bake all the time. And I'm not even kidding when I say that. My weekends consist no longer of going out with friends... because I'm in the kitchen. But one of my friends was searching the Internet, and he came across these color burst cupcakes. He was so amazed at them, and he told me that I couldn't do that. Here is proof that I did.
These cupcakes are so much fun. My favorite part had to be mixing the different colors into the bowls of batter. The worst part was the time it took to make one single cupcake! Spoonful of each color, dip finger in water, smooth out batter, another spoonful of a different color, finger in water, and so on. I made these with a cream cheese frosting- because cream cheese is my absolute favorite. And topped them with colorful sprinkles! It's too bad that I didn't have tie-dye cupcake liners :)                                                                                          

Next on the list was chocolate peanut butter cupcakes. Whenever I hear chocolate and peanut butter in the same sentence, I automatically think heaven. As of right now, these cupcakes are my favorite flavor of all I have ever tried. The peanut butter frosting was so light, but had so much flavor.
My mom is really into taking pictures, so as I play around in the kitchen, she thinks she needs to document everything. I personally think the stone behind our counter tops fits the cupcakes very well! I don't know what I'd do without my mother. Thank goodness for moms :)

2 comments:

  1. These are so fantastic! As soon as I saw them I wanted to make them...or eat one or two or you get the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WONDERFUL colorful cupcakes. I am making 6 dozen for an Easter Seals bake sale and halfway through the first batch found this shortcut:
    Put the colored batters into large zip-lock bags and squeeze out any extra air. Snip off one corner and use them as piping bags. After each color, lightly tap the baking tray on the counter to level colored batter — turning it around after each couple of taps.

    I am experimenting with icing, but found that a couple of streaks of heavily colored icing in the same zip-lock piping bag, then filling it with white icing and giving a little mush before snipping the corner has yielded a fun "marble" looking icing job.

    ReplyDelete